The World Series of Poker is the most famous series of poker tournaments in the world. You should not be a privileged player to participate in the tournament, because anyone can give it a shot. Continue reading the article if you want to know how to get into the World Series of Poker.
What is the World Series of Poker?
World Series of Poker is a well-known poker tournament that takes place in Las Vegas annually. WSOP was mentioned in 1970 for the first time, however, the global series of the competition began in 2004. The WSOP is considered a great opportunity for people who want to become professional poker players. The winner of the WSOP gets seven figures in the prize.
How to Get into the World of Poker: Requirements and Cost
The great competition lasts for a few months and includes more than 50 tournaments that require different buy-ins. The basic tournaments cost a few hundred dollars. The players can compete in all possible variations of the game. The winner of each tournament gets a golden bracelet, which means he or she can take part in the main event. Participation in the main event requires a $10 000 buy-in. There are a few simple steps to get into WSOP:
- Make an opening buy-in
- Take part in one of the tournaments
- Win the poker tournament
- Make a $10,000 buy-in
- Enjoy playing in the final round of the WSOP
You’re will compete with the best players from all over the world. The winner will get the golden bracelet, however, it is not as easy as it seems, because nearly 100,000 players take part in the competition.
Of course, not everyone can get the main prize but even playing with the nine best players at the final table makes you a celebrity. You can not only win a few million dollars but also become super famous.
How to get ready for the WSOP?
Of course, you will unlikely win if you don’t have any experience playing poker. However, there are a few tips on how to get into the World Series of Poker:
- Play satellites and mega satellites: you can take part in the satellite which is the cheapest way to become a participant in WSOP. The player doesn’t need to make a costly buy-in but still has a chance to move up, and get to the main event.
- Attend WSOP events: WSOP provides gamblers with the possibility to participate in a satellite that costs only a few dollars. However, it gives you a chance to visit the online WSOP tournament.
- Practice more: you should know the poker rules and combinations by heart. Luckily, you don’t need to visit Las Vegas because you can practice your poker strategy at online casinos.
This way, you can get ready to take part in the World Series of Poker, and compete for the golden bracelet.