Poker is an extremely popular card game played with 52 cards. Nowadays, you can play poker online, without making any effort. So what do you need to try out your luck in the iconic game? First of all, you need to know all card combinations and what five cards of the same suit in poker mean.
Cards of the Same Suit in Poker — The Best Combination?
There are 10 card combinations in total, which consists of 2 cards in hand and 5 on the table. A player wins the bank if he or she manages to get the strongest combination of cards after all the bets are placed. All card combinations in poker can be ranked from the highest to the lowest:
- Royal Flush: the best possible combination you can get is five cards of the same suit, namely ten, three of the face cards, and Ace.
- Straight Flush: this card combination gets the second place and consists of five number cards of one suit that go in sequential order.
- Four of a kind: here you should get four cards of the same number
- Full house: player hits the full house if he has three cards of a kind (three kings, or three jets), and a pair of cards of another kind (two queens)
- Flush: any five cards of the same suit
- Straight: here you should gather any five cards (different suits possible) in sequential order, for example, ace, two, three, four, and five of any suit.
- Three of a kind: this combination requires three cards of the same number.
- Two pairs: you get the combination of the cards if you have two card pairs in the same hand, for example, a pair of sixes, and a pair of jets.
- One pair: any pair of the number cards, for example, two tens
- High card: the highest card at the end of the game you get — the more chances of winning you have. Ace makes you an absolute winner, and two — a loser.
You should know all the card combinations if you want to play poker. Five cards of the same suit in poker are the best card combination you want to have, and the high card is the worst.
What is best, card ranking doesn’t change depending on the type of poker game. There is a big variety of online poker games on gambling websites, and all of them are played with basic card combinations. That is why learning 10 poker card combinations give you the possibility to play different poker variations.
Poker is a table game played based on card combinations. Everything you need to know to play poker is 10 card combinations that can consist of one or five cards. There is no higher suit in poker, meaning all suits (hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds) are equal. Your winning solely depends on the level of card combination you have.